Friday, December 14, 2012

Body Lesson

On December 4th Justin and Victoria presented their lesson on the body. They introduced the class to the artwork of Judith Braun.





Braun uses her finger tips to create drawings she calls "fingerings".



This artist was a good introduction to what we would be doing. Justin and Victoria
gave a demo on ways to draw with our finger tips. They also had us line up next to a line with a peer on the opposite side of the line. One side of the line was asked to make a gesture and the other side to mimic the gesture. Victoria and Justin then explained how they just created symmetry. I found this was a great way to get the class excited and involved in the lesson. I definitely will try using this activity in a future lesson.  Then we received a piece of black paper, white paper, chalk and black graphite. We we asked to draw on one piece of paper then  mimic the drawing on the other to create a symmetrical piece of artwork. One problem I found was that I naturally wanted to use both my hands but I tried to refrain from doing that because we were told not to. I think it would have been a richer learning experience if we were encourage to try both ways. Overall such a great lesson. It was lots of fun and plenty of opportunities for experimenting with materials and artistic growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment